Thursday, September 9, 2010

Classroom assignment for ETEC 424

What do you think about using blogs? What and how do you think blogs would be useful for education? Some people think using blogs in classrooms is a waste of students’ time. How would you respond?
 I think blogs are fine to use.  I don't know that I would use them in my classroom but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be used.  If I were to use blogs in my classroom I would use it as a way for the students to express their options freely.  I wouldn't say that blogs are a waste of students' time.  I think I would consider blogs something students do in their free time, to discuss and share with others about what happened in school that day or a topic that made them start thinking.  Blogs are not what I am used to in the classroom though, as an assignment.



 What are some ways that you could use he technology ideas in Chapter 6 to support your curriculum and student learners?
   I honestly don't know enough about the technology ideas in Chapter 6 to use them in my classroom. For me to use it in my classroom I would have to be 100% confident with the technology.  I am not confident with anything other than basic computer technologies.  I am learning and my goal is to be more familiar with other technologies so that I can use them in my classroom but right now I am far from that. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree. Blogs can be a useful tool to allow kids to talk about the class and express their opinions about subjects. I also think that blogs can be helpful in keeping the student and parent connected with the teacher and class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about blogs being interesting. As a P.E. teacher I don't think that I will be using them much either. I am also not 100% confident with the technology either. I do hope to become more familiar with it so that when I do need to use it I will be confident in using it.

    ReplyDelete